International Rugby League returns to FMG Stadium Waikato for another historic occasion with the Great Britain Rugby League Lions kicking off their tour with a clash against Tonga Invitational XIII.
The huge occasion in front of a sea of Tongan fans will be fitting as the GBRL Lions play for the first time in 12 years.
With the GBRL Lions squad to feature a number of English representative players, Tonga invitational XIII and the sea of red will be eyeing a chance to avenge the agonising loss to England in the Rugby League World Cup semi-final in 2017.
Tonga XIII will also be hoping the Waikato will prove to be a happy hunting ground as it was during the Rugby League World Cup in 2017 when they beat Toa Samoa and the Kiwis at FMG Stadium Waikato.
With the British players donning the famous Lions jumper for the first time in 12 years and the Tonga invitational XIII team eyeing vengeance, this is a must-be-at event.
Spoilt For Choice offerings
Footy Bar Plus
The ultimate hospitality experience, the Footy Bar Plus is the perfect place to host clients and guests in a stand-up cocktail environment.
- Reserved premium match ticket directly in front of the lounge;
- Continuous premium beverage service including a selection of beers, wines and soft drinks;
- Finger food & grazing style menu for the duration of the hospitality period.
Mad Butcher Lounge
The Mad Butcher Lounge is ideal for small company groups or individuals keen to make their Footy match day experience fun and exciting:
- Access to the Mad Butcher Lounge;
- Reserved match ticket in the Brian Perry Stand;
- Access to a variety of food and beverage options via the Mad Butcher Lounge cash bar pre and post match;
- Interactive sweepstakes and prize draws with our local Mad Butcher himself;
* Please note, this lounge is very lively and colourful language will be used. This lounge is more suitable for adults.